@ug Community Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of our community! To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. Before using the community tools, please take a few moments to read through these rules and accept these terms.
By joining and using this forum, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve forum discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to seek the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. For help with Community platform issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In an effort to effectively serve members and maintain the integrity of the Group, content may NOT be shared outside of the Group without first obtaining written permission of all parties included in the message. E-mail and forum messages are confidential and are intended solely for members of the independent @ug—the NetForum Users Group. If a member violates this rule, they will be given a warning for the first offense, if it is deemed non-malicious and unintended, as determined by the @ug Board. Any other violation of this rule, with the exception of a non-malicious first-time offense, is grounds for the violating member’s termination, and potentially the entire organization/other members associated with the offense. The Board, at its sole discretion, may immediately terminate the membership of those violators for abuse and violation of the @ug Code of Conduct.
- The discussions in this Group are meant to stimulate conversation and camaraderie and encourage diverse perspectives, not to create contention. Malicious or attacking conduct is not tolerated and could lead to membership revocation.
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Use caution when discussing products and services. Information posted in the Group is available for all members to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the Group.
- Do not post commercial messages or use this forum to solicit services.
The Legal Stuff
This forum is provided as a service of @ug. @ug is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. @ug disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by @ug or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall we be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants @ug and users of this Group the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Do not post messages that encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either implies or expressly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
We do not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and do not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to @ug’s attention, we will take all appropriate action and reserve the right to remove content.
We reserve the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.